Indonesia has massive tourist attractions, that makes it the most popular destination for traveling. Even though Bali, the most visited island in Indonesia is its main attraction. But actually, Indonesia has many other islands which more beautiful. When it comes to its national park, Indonesia is a country with an abundance national park. It has 53 officially national parks and 6 of them is world heritage sites. If you want to visit Indonesia for its national park, congratulation, you choose the right country. Before you start your journey to this beautiful country, you should know the best parks amongst them that you need to prioritize. Here is the list of Indonesia national park that you should consider.
Komodo national park
Komodo national park, located in East Nusa Tenggara, is the most visited park in Indonesia. since it was open to the public in 1980, the popularity of this park increased dramatically. Not because the existence of protected rare animal komodo, but also it’s located on a very beautiful island. The park is also perfefly surrounded by many exotic beaches. Komodo national park is the only place where you can see Komodo dragons and even touch them.
Things to doin komodo national park:
- You can see directly komodo dragons
- Go to a pink beach, one of the best main attraction in Komodo national park. Here, you enjoy the sunset and the pink beach atmosphere.
- You can do snorkeling on the pink beach because it has beautiful marine life especially manta ray, dugongs, coral reef and many species of fish.
- Visit Rinca island, one of the largest islands in this national park.
- You can also visit Komodo village, where you can learn about the culture and how indigenous interact with Komodo dragons.
Bromo Tengger Semeru national park
Bromo Tengger Semeru national park is one of the largest national park in Indonesia, which has 50,276 hectares. This park is located in east java, one of the most beautiful Province well known for its Volcanoes. There are 3 spectacular volcanoes in this park including mount Bromo, Ijen, and Mount Semeru. Bromo and Ijen are the most visited amongst them. Bromo has spectacular and dramatic view combined with a cold atmosphere. Meanwhile, Ijen has a crater lake where you can see the magnificent water of lake changes. Ijen also has a blue fire that can be seen in the midnight. This park is the best Indonesia national park that you should visit.
Things to do in bromo tengger semeru national park:
- Climb Bromo and you can also go camping in the area.
- Climb Ijen and watch a blue fire in the night. It’s not recommended to do camping here due to its strong sulfur.
- You can also climb Semeru, but it takes you about 4 days in total, so you should build your tent there.
- There is a magnificent waterfall in this park called Mandakaripura waterfall that you should visit.
- Mount Batok, one of the unique which has historical mythology is also recommended to visit in this national park.
- You can also visit Tumpuk Sewu waterfall. Here you can enjoy the magnificent waterfall
There are actually many Indonesia national park that you should visit. But, these two parks, Komodo national park, and promo Tengger Semeru national park are a must.